Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome to my blog, Education in America!  I am currently a Senior at Salem State University graduating in May.

Over the past few years I have noticed an increase in how often Education is in the news.  Whether it be educational policy, budget cuts, or new standards.  It is interesting to hear people talking about how all students learn differently, however all these "different students" seems to be pushed into the same mold in education.  When I was in high school, I was never required to take MCAS however many of my friends in public school were and I heard plenty about it.  The pressure around this one test, that if they did not pass they would not get their diploma.  Ever since my high school days, the pressure around MCAS has only seemed to increase.  So why is it, that these political officials seem to be cutting more and more money from school, but expecting more out of teachers and higher achieving students?  How is this an equation for success?

        

No comments:

Post a Comment